Freschi & Schiavoni
The company was founded on the dream of a very ambitious couple in 1962. It was and still is formed by Luciana Freschi and Schiavoni Antonio. In 1967 the first air-truck transport was performed on behalf of Swissair (today Swiss World Cargo).
The first warehouse, suitable for the reception and delivery of air goods, outside an airport, was built in 1970. Freschi & Schiavoni was, therefore, the first company to equip warehouses and trucks to transport air containers and pallets.
In the meantime, the two children, Primo, who had already been following in his father’s footsteps since he was a child, travelling by truck, joined the business at around 16/17 years of age working in the warehouse, loading and unloading vehicles. While their daughter Betty joined them in 1983, she too was initially involved in the warehouse activities like her brother. The company is present as Airline Handling Agent in the following Italian cities: Milan (Vignate, Liscate and Malpensa), Bologna (built in 1993) and finally Florence (built in 1996). Despite this, it is often recognised as a transport company throughout Italy.
Starting from 1966 up to today, Freschi & Schiavoni has managed to keep up with the countless changes in both the sector and technology by investing on behalf of and in our customers, in order to always meet their need and the market demands. This strategy is what has made this company’s presence persist in the industry, as we have always wanted to do our best for our customers, constantly offering them high-quality services.
The core business has, therefore, had to undergo changes over time, with a dynamic market, which is increasingly different and structured.
Freschi e Schiavoni was founded as a transport company, with only airline customers, and over the years, we have diversified and increased our portfolio both in terms of customers and services. Today the core business is still transport, but with a difference in terms of customers. The latter have become the following:
Marine Consolidators (NVOCC)
GSA (Global Sales Agent)
GSSA (Global Sales Services Agents)
While at one time Freschi&Schiavoni offered warehousing and storage assistance only for air cargo, we have therefore intensified our services in order to be more and more competitive on the market and to be the point of reference and support for our customers in every step of each shipment and for any type of goods.
Today Freschi e Schiavoni is, therefore, a multi-logistics platform with a wide range of the following services:
- Warehousing and storage assistance for air, sea and industrial goods
- Warehousing and storage assistance for hazardous goods
- Warehousing and storage assistance for valuable goods
- Warehousing and storage assistance for hanging garments
- Warehousing and storage assistance for temperature-controlled goods (+2/+8 and +15/25) with supply of packaging material, thermal blankets and data loggers
- Cooltainers warehousing and storage assistance
- Customs and documentation assistance for all types of goods/containers listed above
- Daily domestic connections to/from our branches (Liscate, Malpensa, Bologna and last but not least Florence)
- Daily domestic shuttle from our HUBs to the main Italian airports
- Ad hoc pick-ups throughout Italy (Islands included) for general cargo goods
- Ad hoc pick-ups throughout Italy (Islands included) for temperature-controlled goods
- Daily temperature-controlled domestic shuttle to the main cargo airport (Malpensa)
- Ad hoc requests (FTL) throughout Italy
- Possibility of a double driver for both national and international transport
- Transport services under TAPA for both national and international transport
- ADR transport for hazardous goods for both national and international transport
- Daily connections to the main European airports
- Ad-hoc pick-ups/deliveries for temperature-controlled goods to the main European airports
- Ad hoc requests (FTL) to the main European airports
Freschi e Schiavoni has founded its strategy on 4 fundamentals, which have always been important for this company, namely:
Freschi e Schiavoni therefore, wants to guarantee quality services to our customers through the professionalism of our qualified staff who are constantly updated with the regulations in force, always trying to find more innovative tools and reduce their environmental impact.